Hiplife duo Buk Bak made up of Prince Bright aka ‘Blink Sparkles’ and Ronny Coaches have denounced the new video of their smash hit song “Kolom” which features stars like; Mzbel, 4X4, VIP, Mandy J among others released on YouTube last week.
Speaking to Peacefmonline.com yesterday, they claim the said video leaked without their approval and they have no idea how it got into the public domain. The group disclosed this when Peacefmonline.com quizzed them about their impression on the video and comments in the media that the quality of the video does not much the magnitude of the song.
According to Prince Bright, they were not satisfied with the outcome of the video so they decided to shield it but somehow it is out now and they cannot do anything it because it’s all over the internet and the Television Stations have already aired it. He said they were not happy with the editing and the pictures.
Narrating the whole controversy surrounding the “Kolom” video, Ronny Coaches revealed that they have already shot two music videos for the song. He explained that the leaked video is the first one which was shot and Directed by Issac Offei Awuah of RGB Studios but after the final work, both the artistes and the director agreed to shoot a second video because the quality was not up to the standard they wanted.
Ronny said they gave the same director another chance to produce a better video and paid him for both videos but after the second shoot, the outcome of the second video was even worst because some of the files apparently got missing from the studio. He said they didn’t even take a copy of the second video because they deliberately left it with the director to stop it from coming out.
The group said they have already spent over GH¢10,000 on the two videos, however they were ready to go back on set and shoot a third video to prove all the critics wrong. Adding that the third one was what they actually wanted to release and keep the other two.
They nonetheless, disclosed to Peacefmonline.com that they are going on set this Sunday, April 1, 2012 to shoot a third video which will be directed by Nana Asihene.
Co-incidentally, Nana Asihene is the same person who directed Edem’s “Over Again” video which has been described by Edem himself as a poor video. They stated that after the shoot, they also have plans of shooting another video for a yet to be released single titled “Ex-Girlfriend”.
After going their separate ways, Prince Bright lived in America for over four years whiles Ronny was in Ghana. They both tried doing their solo projects but none saw the light of day until their come back together in 2011 with hit single “Kolom”.
Buk Bak has been in existence since 1999 with their debut album “Kom ke kena”. After this Bright and Ronny have constantly improved from album to album. “Ahwensem” and “Nkomshe” their second and third release kept them growing, until “Sika Kokoo” the fourth album finally vindicated their growth winning two awards at the 2003 Ghana Music Awards (GMA).
Buk Bak’s fifth album (Gold Coast), which perhaps was affected by the unascertained Ghana Music Awards flop genes, couldn’t perform like the other four albums even though it had the said most expensive “Gonja Barracks” video then.
The group is now working under Global One Entertainment and they are still in the studio putting finishing touches to complete their sixth album as a group. They released two singles “Kolom” produced by Kaywa and “Alanta” produced by Appietus. They have just released new singles “Ato mi line” and “Salute” featuring VIP.
Watch the controversial “Kolom” video:
Source: Eugene Osafo-Nkansah/Peacefmonline.com/Ghana