This Director General of Ghana Education Service has made some notable guidelines ahead of the reopening of basic schools amid the surge in the Novel Coronavirus.
The points he noted are as follow;
SUMMARY OF DIR. GENERAL’S INTERVIEW:
1. Use Monday for cleaning and start class on Tuesday.
2. No Teacher or head should keep pupils more than four hours in school.
3. Large classes school should run shift.
4. All teachers will be given laptop (gov pays 70%) to influence online teaching.
5. Every illness is presume covid 19 until proven otherwise by health professional .
6. All schools will be assigned to a doctor .
7. No teacher should go to school if feeling ill.
8. All pupils will be given mask and sanitizer.
9. Pupils should always be made to obey covid protocol .
10. All teachers will be given mask and sanitizer each.
11. All schools will be given the PPE of schools.
12. Teachers who are breast feeding children should avoid giving their children to pupils.