DMX Recovers After Food Poisoning
Controversial rapper DMX is expected to make a full recovery, after being diagnosed at a North Carolina hospital with food poisoning Wednesday night.
he bad boy MC had spent the majority of his flight time from Miami to North Carolina throwing up nonstop. Upon landing in Gastonia, a limo rushed DMX to a nearby hospital for treatment. Doctors determined that the performer had been suffering from food poisoning.
TMZ reported that DMX, whose real name is Earl Simmons, had ingested some bad shrimp. DMX revealed that he had snacked on the shrimp at his mother's home just before he had left to catch his flight.
The 41-year-old, who was treated in the hospital's emergency room and released four hours later, is expected to make a full recovery.
Only recently, DMX made an announcement of a comeback album of unreleased music, which is coming out in spring of this year, and a VH-1 reality show to boot. The latter will circle in on DMX and his ride-or-die wife Tashera (pictured), who has stood by him through thick and thin in their 12-year marriage. The series entitled “Couples Therapy,” which is created by the producers of “Celebrity Rehab With Dr. Drew,” will air this spring.No tags for this post.