Connect with us

Pentecost Church Elder’s wife arrested in East Legon Prostitution Raid (Video)

Gossip

Pentecost Church Elder’s wife arrested in East Legon Prostitution Raid (Video)

There are a lot of legit jobs in this world but some people choose to engage in sources of livelihoods that may be illegal in wherever they find themselves. Perhaps, they take such bold decisions because of the quick success those jobs may bring.

In Africa, sex is rapidly becoming one facet of our lives that we find difficult to discuss openly but greatly enjoy in privacy. In some parts of Ghana, a prostitute is commonly referred to as ‘ashawo’ whilst some elite communities call them Commercial . Personally, I coined my own term for them when I was teaching a Junior High School (JHS) topic in Religious and Moral Education known as Sexual Immortality. I gave them the term – Community Rape and Defilement Reduction Officers (CRDROs) 😌. Don’t get me wrong…I am in no position to judge or show support here…

In some parts of the world, prostitution is a legal profession but for now, their activities are illegal in Ghana. Here, some of them are seen almost everywhere ! A news item reported by the TV3 network this week had the MCE for Ayawaso West, Honourable Sandra Owusu-Ahinkorah complaining bitterly about the rate at which these prostitutes operate in the East Legon jurisdiction. Astonishingly, according to the intelligence gathered by the police, about 80% of these prostitutes are purportedly students whilst the remaining 20% include housewives, female church leaders and other women of reputable standings in the community.

READ THIS ALSO 

“NO REGRETS FOR USING OIL REVENUES TO FUND FREE SHS” – PRESIDENT OF GHANA

 

Well, I’m surprised as you are now…But, seriously, what do you think could be the motivating factor for some of our ladies to engage in this ? Is it for financial gains, to feed an addiction or to fulfill a lustful venture?

 

Watch video

 

BY: C. A. Asante
Freelance Writer
Ghana – W/A

 



 

Continue Reading
Advertisement
You may also like...
C. A. Asante

C. A. Asante is a teacher (Village Teacher) by profession who has reported on a number of elections in Ghana for Central Press Newspaper. He is known among his peers as a researcher and regular contributor in Education, Politics, etc. Follow : Instagram- @ chris_asante1...Facebook: CA Asante

More in Gossip

Subscribe to Blog via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive latest and breaking news into your email.

Join 6,232 other subscribers

Video Of The Week

Trending News

Breaking News

To Top