A family man with four children and a survivor of COVID-19 in the person of Mr. Fredrick Drah says he will not wish his predicament with the disease on anybody else because of how scary the whole experience is.
Recalling his experience to Peace FM on Thursday, April 16, Mr. Drah said he fell ill on March 17 and decided to get tested for COVID-19 and the test came back positive.
Mr. Drah was taken to a specialized facility at the Ga East to receive medical care. He remained at an isolation ward for over 4 weeks until last week when he was discharged following his recovery from COVID-19.
Mr. Drah revealed that he was given very good treatment by the health professionals at the facility until he was finally declared free from the deadly COVID-19.
The sad news now from Mr. Drah is that upon returning home he’s now suffering more from the disease. According to him, he and his family have been seriously stigmatized by neighbours and other residents in his place of stay.
He further revealed that shop owners and market women have even refused to sell foodstuff to his wife while barbers fail to attend to him for fear of contracting the virus.