The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of a Tamale-based Television station, NTV, Prince Siita Sofo has accused his competitors in the region of using voodoo to bring down his establishment after failing to outwit him in the industry strategically.
In a lengthy post on his facebook, a livid Sofo specifically mentioned owners Sagani TV also in Tamale of using the evil means to eliminate him but promised to fight back.
“They have used spiritual means and fought me in so many ways. They don’t know my God is alive. Even if I die, NTV is bigger than me. I know my loyal workers and they will carry the vision.
I got North at heart and I’ve shown it in so many ways”
Read full text of his outburst below;
I have been trying to avoid so many things. But let me use this medium to appeal to Sagani TV and it’s workers to tell their boss, that they should leave NTV alone.
NTV does not need to fail before they can survive.
I have earned my right to speak in Northern Media industry but in the whole country.
We are to work together to develop Northern Ghana.
1. Staff- in terms of staff they used my guys I train to build their TV. Now they have approached all my workers promising them fat salaries and better conditions of service. The issue is the approach and how they have to bad mouth NTV before.
I believe in developing the youth of Northern Ghana, I always train and develop, why can’t they also do so? If you have money, go to Accra and pay for experienced hands.
2. Content wise-Just some few days now they tried to imitate our new program dubbed ‘Strong room’. They bringing up trending (Dichana) on their TV one of our flagship programs.
When we play kids program they play kids program, Dagbani movie they play same. It’s like they don’t have direction except to follow NTV. Follow us but don’t follow blindly.
Use your brains to design good content.
3. Customers. All our customers have been approached by Sagani which is not bad but what they tell them when they meet them. Like the way they condemn our station to our staff and same to customers..I advice you go look for your own customers as well and don’t speak bad of competitors.
4. Whilst NTv is targeting CNN, BBC, Ghone, to be like them or better, Sagani’s dream is to get us to close down before they can survive.
This is the kind of media industry we have in Northern Ghana. Must someone fail before you succeed??
5. They have used spiritual means and fought me in so many ways. They dont know my God is alive. Even if I die, NTV is bigger than me. I know my loyal workers and they will carry the vision.
I got North at heart and I’ve shown it in so many ways.
Just to let you know what it’s like to be in a pioneer CEOs(in Northern Ghana) shoes…
I pray for understanding among the two.