|Davido has taken to his twitter handle to express disappointment in the forbes list of top 10 bankable African celebrities, leaving his
name from the list.
He posted on his twitter handle “Forbes Balu” words which looks like a diss to Forbes for leaving him out of a list which has his arch rival Wizkid on it.
A fan replied him saying, “Apparently forbes aren’t talking about artistes who inherited their father’s wealth”
This obviously got at him and he retweeted, “Why be mad that my pops got money! Sorry ain’t my fault! Focus on the music! Damn, shits get annoying.”
Well, I have some words of advice for my guy Davido, never worry you will also be recognized when the time is right.
Financial magazine Forbes in conjunction with ” Channel O” released the list of African Top 10 richest African musicians for 2013. The ranking is based on artist sales, social media presence, endorsement value , YouTube views, show rates influence, appearance in newspapers, investments , popularity and other factors.
(1) AKON– Senegalese-American top the list — Founder of Konvict Music, opened doors with other African artiste such as P-Square and Wizkid .
(2) DON JAZZY – Rank as Best African and Nigeria Music Producer. CEO Mavin Records, Samsung, Loyal Milk and MTN as their brand ambassador, influential producer. Having producer songs for D’Banj, Kanye West, Beyonce and American rap mogul Jay Z on production credit. See list after the cut:
(3) P SQUARE – Ranked as Best African Music Group. Featured on Forbes magazine for Africa twice, sold out concert, presidential guest in at least 5 African countries, they fly private jet.
(4) D’BANJ – CEO of DB Records, Music Artiste. International music brand, GOOD Music, Def Jam, Mercury deal, Sony Entertainment Music distribution deal.
(5) WIZKID – Music Artiste. EME artiste, Starboy CEO, affiliation with Disturbing London, international collaboration with Wale and others, performed Twice on state with American pop singer Chris Brown, highest paid Pepsi ambassador in Africa, ambassador of MTN.
6) 2FACE IDIBIA – Music artiste. Produces 10 million disc and have at least 7 million digital sale, UN ambassador For Youth And Peace, associated with Guinness, Haven Homes, Airtel Worldwide and philanthropist – Tuface Idibia Foundation.
7. ANSELMO RALPH – Music Artiste Samsung and Coca Cola Ambassador, called Angola prince, Perfume line, clothing label, multimillion dollar tour bus, Sony Music African artist.
8. SARKODIE – Ghanian Rapper. Presidential youth ambassador in Ghana, Sark clothing, Samsung and Fan Milk ambassador in Ghana
9. ICE PRINCE – Music Artiste. Multi award winning rapper, having six million downloads, two studio owner, one foundation member, Plug N Play ambassador, Zamani Foundation
10. BANKY W – Music Artiste. Co owner EME, Samsung Ambassador, philanthropist, multiple award R&B And Soul winner.