GHANAIAN FLOOD, BLAME CITIZENS NOT GOVERNMENT…JOHN DUMELO FIRES

photosDozens of people were killed on Wednesday, 3rd, June, 2015, after a gas station they ran to for shelter during heavy downpour went up in flames in Acrra, Ghana.

The flooding “caused the diesel and petrol to flow away from the gas station and a fire from a nearby house led to the explosion,” said Billy Anaglate spokesman for Ghana’s national fire service.

Condoling with the country on the sad incident is Ghanaian actor, John Dumelo, who is currently in Zambia. The actor attributed the cause of the fire outbreak to poor attitude of people in the country.
He accused the citizens for always dumping dirty in the drainages which has affected the flow of water.

According to him, “These disturbing pictures from Accra saddens my heart. My heart goes out to the families of those who lost their lives. Let’s tackle the sanitation issues properly. I think it has more to do with our attitude when it comes to sanitation i.e how we just throw rubbish around, how we dispose and manage the rubbish. No matter how big the drains are constructed, if there’s rubbish, it will block these drains and floods will happen. Together we can make Ghana a better place!”

Meanwhile, President John Dramani Mahama, has visited the scene on Thursday, calling the death toll “catastrophic” and offering condolences to families of the victims.

source:

nigeriafilms.com

Leave a Reply