Envy is strictly a two-person proposition and the emotions that arises when we feel someone possess an attitude we lack.
1. Why do imbalance in a couples level of achievement lead to envy for the other partner.
Example: instead of identifying the feelings of envy, he/she might say this relationship is like this because your job is ruining everything for us.
One thing we should know is that, not all envy is created equal nor does it always indicate problems within a relationship.
We have 3 types of Envy.
• Benign Envy; This envy is when we wishing we had the traits or attributes of someone.
• Emulative Envy; This envy is where we copy someone's accomplishments.
• Malicious Envy; This is the destructive kind, which arises from resentment and it's mostly accompanied with shame.
In a healthy romantic relationship, partners should feel they are overall equal in status. This feeling holds the relationship and where one is clearly superior to the other.
How to fix an envy-tinged relationship
• Be honest and recognize that to envy and yo be envied is human, then move to the next step.
• Decide how you and your partner can deal with the problem
• Realization ; You should realize that your partner's success is not your shame but your victory.